During the summer months, the Churchill River is home to thousands of beluga whales that migrate into river to give birth and feed. They are known as the ‘canaries of the sea’ for their birdlike chirping. You can experience the beauty of beluga song by boat, kayak, or—for the more adventurous—in the water with snorkels! This unique whale-watching experience will leave you in awe as you find yourself surrounded by dozens of these gorgeous creatures.
Travel to Churchill and explore the charming town, visiting its many cultural attractions. See the first of the summer polar bears as they begin their migration into the area!
After arriving in Winnipeg (by your own arrangements), meet the group for an afternoon tour of the city. We’ll learn about Winnipeg’s unique and vibrant history, beginning with a tour of the historic Exchange District, before heading to the Forks National Historic Site. We’ll visit Winnipeg’s French Quarter with its beautiful St. Boniface Cathedra, the oldest cathedra in western Canada. View Upper Fort Garry Gate, the Legislative Building, and Winnipeg’s 393-acre Assiniboine Park, where we’ll have the opportunity to walk through the Leo Mol Sculpture Garden. Overnight in Winnipeg.
All prices are per person, in US Dollars (USD) unless specified otherwise, and are cash or cheque discounted.
- - Beluga whale boat expedition tours
- - Historic Churchill and area tour
- - Interpretive-guided Tundra Buggy adventure
- - Additional kayaking and snorkeling activities available
What's Not Included
- Beluga whale boat expedition tours
- Historic Churchill and area tour
- Interpretive-guided Tundra Buggy adventure
- Additional kayaking and snorkeling activities available