Join us for an exciting birding tour of Point Pelee and other spring migration hot spots of southern Ontario!
On this incredible tour of Ontario, we start on the Carden Plain which supports upland sandpiper, bobolink, golden-winged Warbler and loggerhead shrike. Then it is on to marvellous Algonquin Park, where we look for boreal chickadee, spruce grouse, black-backed woodpecker and other northern specialties while keeping an eye out for moose, otter, maybe even wolf! At the “Big 3” migration hotspots on Lake Erie, Point Pelee, Rondeau, and Long Point, we search for species such as red-bellied woodpecker, white-eyed vireo, and Kentucky, cerulean, hooded and Prothonotary warblers; during some spring migrations, up to thirty-five species of warblers may be observed at Point Pelee alone!
The tour begins with arrival in Toronto. Night in Toronto.
All prices are per person, in US Dollars (USD) unless specified otherwise, and are cash or cheque discounted.
- - Relatively easy and productive birding in scenically impressive and diverse areas
- - Lots of mammals, from otters to moose
- - The Boreal Forest specialties of Algonquin Park
- - The songbird migration spectacle at Point Pelee
What's Included• All accommodation (Lakeside cottages; modern motel accommodation)
• Ground transportation (15-passenger vans)
• Includes all breakfasts and lunches
• All park, conservation, entrance fees
What's Not Included• Flights to and from Toronto
• Evening meals
• Travel Insurance
• Items of a personal nature
- Relatively easy and productive birding in scenically impressive and diverse areas
- Lots of mammals, from otters to moose
- The Boreal Forest specialties of Algonquin Park
- The songbird migration spectacle at Point Pelee